Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Soulmate?"

Soulmate? is finished! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, Soulmate? is the musical I have been writing. I started it february of 2009. I have been working on it, on and off, for the past year and a half. As I stated in the last entry, the first video log was a song from this show. The music that I've written for this show has honestly been some of the most fun I've ever had composing. The music is heavily influenced by shows like Next to Normal, Spring Awakening, and RENT. It originally started as a rock opera/concept album but quickly turned into a musical. However, most of the show is still a sing through. The recording session that I'm doing in August has 7 songs from the show. One of the songs we're doing is "David's Message". The song is when the soulmate of the show declares his love for the main female character. On stage, he is sitting at a table writing the letter and she is standing on the other side of the stage reading the letter. He sings as he writes but they don't interact. It should be a cool scene on stage.
Here is a demo I did of the song. It is a midi generation of the instruments and I am singing. Enjoy:


In the fall I will have a great recording of this song from the recording session, with my good friend Alex singing.
I will keep you updated.
That's all for now,
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment