Saturday, April 16, 2011

Choral Music

Choral music has been my life for the past couple of months. I have had four world premier performances in various locations. One performance was in Kansas City with the outstanding vocal group, Octarium. I have mentioned that in the past and hope to have a recording soon. Another performance was in my hometown of Green Bay, WI. The performance was by Green Bay Southwest High School's Chorale. They sang "Gray Steel Morning" an original composition with lyrics by my good friend Dan Lowry. The third group that premiered my compositions was the choir I sing with every week, The First United Methodist Church Chancel Choir. In the past two months they have performed two new pieces of mine. The first was a setting of "Agnus Dei" that I composed specifically for the choir. The second was a setting of "Psalm 130", which I also composed specifically for this choir. "Psalm 130" was performed on 4/10/2011 and I recently posed a recording of that performance for everyone to listen too and enjoy.
Here is the video:


Please let me know what you think by commenting and listening to the recording.
That is all for now.
-Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment