Saturday, March 28, 2009

Destin, Florida

For the past week I have been in Destin, Florida for spring break. I spent most of my time there writing music. I started a multi-movement choral work entitled “Sounds of the Ocean”. I wrote five movements so far. The piece is for an 8-part choir, piano, cello, and bass drum. Obviously my inspiration for the piece came from the ocean and the beauty of my surroundings while in florida. As you can see in the picture in above, the sand is white and the water is turquoise. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The movements so far include: I: Waves of Beauty, II: Storm at Sea, III: Destiny on Shore, IV: Sands of White, and V: Ships at Sail. I’m not sure how many movements I want the piece to end up having, but those are the first five. I hope to have a demo-recording on the site soon.
-Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment