Sunday, June 14, 2009

Soulmate?

I have been working on a new show. It is a rock opera/concept album entitled "Soulmate?" It is based on the soulmate theory that there is a perfect person out there for everywhere. I started working on the script/lyrics for it. It is really different than anything I have ever worked on before because there is no actual script or diolouge. I am used to either writting music to lyrics that have already been written or writting diolouge in a script with soungs around them. It's strange to me bucause little "everday" diolouge that would usually be spoken is now sung. It's really challenging ,but also really fun. I hope to have some demo recordings of the songs out soon. I started working on it about a week ago and am just about done with the first act. It is going really well and I am really excited.
In other news, I updated my youtube account with a new video. The video is of my senior year pops concert, when I performed Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven". I transcribed the back-up vocals and co-wrote the violin part with Camryn. Check it out!



That's all for now.
Check back soon for those demo recordings,
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment